Friday 8 January 2010

Snow day-Wednesday

At about 11pm Tuesday night, my mum got a text from school saying that school was off next day.
She woke me up to tell me this, meaning that in the morning the only reason I got up moderately early (around 8am, which is when i usually leave the house) was only because my sister was screaming at the fact she had had to go to school, and I wanted to take pictures of the snow before any cars drove on my road.

Later on (about 9.30) I decided to play outside, but was forbiden to play in the back garden so as to leave it for my sister. I then spent several happy hours rolling a snowball up and down the cul-de-sac collecting up snow until it came to about my stumach, at which point it got stuck 3 on the path in front of my neihour's neihbour's house, blocking the path of the car which needed to get into the drive.

After about 10 minutes of sitting in his car laughing at me, my neihbour came out and helped me roll the damned thing back to my house, where it sat scowling at me (I swear it had a face)

Several hours, many curses at the breaking of snow and snowballs in the face later, and I now have a decent snowman of my size.

I have enjoyed coming home from school since then, as I always seem to get caught behind some excitable children, who always spend several minutes outside my house playing by the snowman.
Christmas really is magical, it just came 2 weeks late :)

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com